Anxiolysis refers to the use of a mild oral sedative (usually Valium) to achieve “light sedation,” or a heightened state of comfort and relaxation.
Benefits of Anxiolysis:
- It’s effective for mild to moderate anxiety
- It’s safe and easy
- You can breathe and speak on your own
- It’s less expensive than IV sedation
- You can usually drive yourself home from the appointment
- In many cases, you can get ALL of your dental work done in one visit
Anxiolysis is best suited for cases of mild to moderate anxiety. While under light sedation you remain conscious and able to breathe on your own. Although you will not actually be unconscious, you will enjoy a heightened state of relaxation. You can expect to recover quickly and may even be able to drive yourself home from your appointment.
To make a dental appointment using Anxiolysis, contact us today!