Teenagers go through plenty of changes, but good oral health shouldn’t be left behind! Making sure they give as much attention to their oral health as they do their smartphones can make way for lifelong healthy smiles.
In addition to having a camera-ready smile for class photos, there are plenty of reasons for teens to be vigilant of what’s going on in their mouth. Smiles are something to be noticed, so why not keep it healthy? Cavities don’t stop when you grow up—they’re something that need to be prevented actively your whole life. So what are the basic requirements?
- Brush well with a fluoride toothpaste for two minutes.
- Put down the cola and candy. Sugary or starchy snacks can cause decay!
- Wear a mouth guard when playing rough sports.
- Don’t smoke. Ever. And remember, second hand smoke can be dangerous to your overall health.
- Have regular dental checkups to keep your smile bright and healthy.