If you live near Auburn and have been considering orthodontic treatment you may be torn between whether to get braces or a clear aligner treatment like Invisalign. The first step is to ask a dentist if you’re even a candidate for Invisalign. Clear aligners can be used to treat many gaps and misaligned teeth, but some situations may be too complex and require braces. If you are a candidate for Invisalign clear aligner therapy, the next step is to decide whether you want to get braces or straighten your teeth with clear aligners. Most people choose clear aligner due to the overwhelming benefits that they have over braces, as we are about to see. If you are interested in Invisalign, it’s then time to find a trusted Invisalign provider near you in Auburn, like the dentist at Auburn Dental Group.
You may already be aware of visual advantage that Invisalign has over traditional braces, with clear aligners being virtually invisible, while braces are quite conspicuous. This is especially important for people getting orthodontic treatment as adults where visual appearance at work, especially in client-facing roles, is crucial. This is why adult orthodontics usually consists of clear aligners.
There are several other things that are worth considering when deciding between Invisalign and braces, however:
- Less enamel demineralization – Undergoing any sort of orthodontics treatment, even as an adult, results in some degree of enamel demineralization (the dissolving of the outer layer of the tooth). This demineralization puts orthodontic patients at a slightly higher risk of cavities. Researches have found that patients who underwent clear aligner therapy had less demineralization than those with braces.
- Less maintenance and hassle – Patients with braces regularly have to go to an orthodontist for adjustments. Since orthodontists are not usually in the same dental office as your general dentist, patients in Auburn may find themselves making regular trips to Worcester for each adjustment. Meanwhile with clear aligners the adjustments are built into each set of aligners your Invisalign provider gives you. Additionally, since many general dentists are Invisalign providers, you may not need to go another dental office to get treatment.
- Easier cleaning – Clear aligner therapy provides wearers the ability to easily clean their teeth since you simply remove the aligner to brush or floss. Meanwhile regular dental hygiene becomes more complicated with traditional braces.
- Eat what you want – People with braces have some dietary restrictions based on what can get caught in the wires of the braces. Meanwhile clear aligner wearers can eat what they want without such concerns.
- Impact on pronunciation – Invisalign is less conspicuous in more than one sense. Braces can often significantly impact the way certain words are pronounced, while clear aligners like Invisalign allow you to speak with almost no noticeable impediment.
If you are interested in getting Invisalign in Auburn by a trained Invisalign provider we would love to help you. Don’t hesitate to book an Invisalign consultation with the dentist at Auburn Dental Group today!